Experimenting with the Discharge Technique

This month our Dyeing to Paint group decided to have a go at bleaching fabrics to see what effects would be produced, and what an interesting day we had!

We tried using bleach with Thermofax screen prints. This is the result using it in black fabric

black duscharge

and this is how it turned out on hand dyed fabric

Isobelle's stamp

Little dragonflies looked quite effective on the hand dyed fabric

dragonflies

We also tried mixing fabric paint with discharge paste which gave some interesting results. More experimenting needed in the future I suspect!

and finally thanks to Pam who managed the health and safety brilliantly!

Pam togged up

Advertisements

One comment

  1. Pam Stead

    Good to try this technique out – thanks to all for sharing their bleach, discharge paste etc.
    Liked the H and S outfit so much, I’m wearing it to a party tomorrow…
    Pam

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s