At yesterday’s Dyeing to Paint session we experimented with painting bondaweb which was used to create some small pieces of work to be enhanced with free machine embroidery.
After a good scrunch the bondaweb was painted – many with metallic acrylics. It was then chopped and applied to a felt or fabric to make an abstract work of art. Some also applied sweet papers and foil to give a bit of extra shimmer!
All that was left to do then was to take it home, cover it with organza and apply some free machine embroidery to finish it off. Salinder is already on the case!
In addition to an abstract Sally created some beautiful fish with her bondaweb
Whilst many were beavering away on the bondaweb others were experimenting with procion dyes and Fiona was busy working with Indian print blocks which were looking fab
Looking forward to seeing some finished pieces soon!
At today’s Dyeing to Paint session we tried out ice dyeing – a simple process that requires fabric, Procion dies, soda solution and ice – not any old ice mind you – we used M&S ice cubes!
Glynis then introduced us to painting with a toilet roll which produced some lovely images of aganpanthus or alliums – whatever takes your fancy.
…..and cotton wool buds to paint lovely wisteria flowers
And, if that wasn’t enough there was a flurry of activity to dye fabric with Indian Inks
Isobelle was busy lino cutting
And Monica was block printing with a new pineapple print block
Another busy and enjoyable day with friends – always a pleasure!
Spring was in the air today which seemed to inspire everyone to get going with their painting projects.
We welcomed Marie and Carol for the first time and were pleased to see that they were enjoying the experience. After trying out fabric dyeing they settled down with Hillary to experiment with the markel sticks
We also welcomed another new recruit – our youngest ever – 2 year old Lydia is an artist in the making!
Salinder was busy colouring fabric ready to create a landscape and also created a wonderful image with a stencil
Corinne created a beautiful image that she plans to turn into a picture for a newly decorated bedroom
Glynis beavered away in the corner and produced a wonderful fish designed fabric
Chris used transfer art paints to create a lobster which we suspect will feature in her new holiday home.
Isobelle showed a book that she had created after following a Linda Kemshall tutorial
Jan produced a beautiful delicate elephant print
Fiona brought some pieces of work that she had machine embroidered – which were delightful.
And she painted a new piece that no doubt wll be worked on further
Monica brought along a border that she had machined embroidered onto hand dyed fabric.
She also showed a book cover that she had made by upcycling an antimacasser which had been hand dyed with procion dyes and embroidered with daffodils – very apt for St David’s Day yesterday!
Monica was also focused on painting pineapples. She used the Scan and Cut machine to make a stencil and then used markel sticks to transfer the image onto fabric
As ever a very productive day – well done everyone!